Sunday 9 April 2017

Game report 07.04.17 - 50SS Zoraida vs Dreamer

Game report - 07.04.2017

50SS Zoraida (daniello_s) vs Dreamer (Gavin)

Deployment: Corner Deployment
Strategy: Extraction
Schemes: Claim Jump, Frame For Murder, Eliminate The Leadership, Leave Your Mark, Set Up

Gavin brought:
Dreamer (7SS pool) - Dreams of Pain, Otherworldly, On Wings of Darkness
2x Daydream
Widow Weaver - Handbag
Mr Tannen - Nexus of Power
Stitched Together
Insidious Madness
2x Alp

I took:
Zoraida (4SS pool) - Crystal Ball, Tarot Reading
(Obey-support)
Trixibelle - Dirty Cheater
(strategy support who should push off enemy models away from the Extraction marker)
Lucky Emissary - Conflux of Fate
(beat-stick and slow/paralyze spreading model)
Merris Lacroix
(scheme runner)
2x Waldgeist
(tanky models for strategy)
Rooster Rider
(beat-stick and enemy scheme runners interceptor)
Bayou Gremlin
(scheme runner and Frame for Murder sucker)

Gavin picked Frame for Murder (Insidious Madness) and Claim Jump.
I picked Frame for Murder (Bayou Gremlin) and Claim Jump.

So for this game I decided to go with Zoraida as I wanted to try her with Waldgeist's support. Also for the first time I was using Trixie, Lucky Emissary and Rooster Rider. I was especially interested in how Trixie will perform with her Gremlin-lure and how good Emissary will be with spreading Slow/Paralyze and as a beat-stick. Rooster Rider was taken for his (1)AP charge which Zoraida can do with her Obey action.
When Gavin revealed that he is playing Dreamer I knew I will be out-activated from turn 1 and I'll have serious problems with stopping him with Claim Jump or Leave Your Mark whichever he picks.

Unfortunately I was late for the game and when I got there we were told that the shop closes in less than 2 hours so we knew we won't play whole game but still we decided to play as many turns as possible.

Deployment: Zoraida deployed first.


Turn 1
Initiative: Dreamer

Key actions/moments:

- Dreamer was kind enough to summon Coppelius and some other model which I can't recall now ;). Gavin pushed Stitched as much as possible towards centre of the table but Trixie pushed him off back to the edge of the table ;) Widow Weaver started to drop Web Markers near Extraction marker staying away from LOS of my models. Insidious Madness flanked me on my right staying out of LOS as well.
- I decided to be quite defensive and didn't push to much towards the centre. Trixie as mentioned above pushed Stitched Together away so he couldn't punish me that easy next turn. I moved Rooster Rider to my right flank to intercept Insidious Madness next turn or on turn 3. Merris moved behind the building ready to drop scheme markers net turn for Claim Jump. I was bit afraid of how mobile Dreamer's crew is and how easy Gavin will be able to shut my Claim Jump scheme. Bayou Gremlin moved along my left flank but Gavin guessed easily that he might be FFM sucker. I should move him to my right flank and shut Insidious Madness with him teasing Gavin to either kill it or got stuck. My bad...


Upkeep phase:
No VPs scored by either side.

Score after turn 1: Zoraida 0 - Dreamer 0

Turn 2
Initiative: Dreamer

Key actions/moments:

- Dreamer summoned more models: Insidious Madness, Stitched Together and Bandersnatch. Now I was fully out-activated. Gavin dropped two scheme markers near centreline which was clear evidence of Claim Jump. I didn't want to to push that far to negate them as it would expose my model for certain death.
- I positioned myself near Extraction point but far enough from his models as well. Trixie pushed away as many models as possible (poor Stitched Together again, lol). Zoraida summoned Voodoo Doll which Hem Widow Weaver. Then Emissary put Slow and Paralyze on Doll which Paralyzed Widow Weaver also.
- Merris and Bayou Gremlin dropped scheme markers for Claim Jump but Gavin utilized his number of models and pushes from Day Dreams to shut down them. He also didn't bother killing my Bayou Gremlin... ;)
- Insidious Madness on my right attacked Rooster Rider who was close to him now. Gavin also moved Tannen quite close to centre point which made me think he is FFM sucker.
- Thanks to Trixie I had more models near Extraction marker and I placed it at the end of the turn.




Upkeep phase:
Zoraida: 1VP Extraction
Dreamer: 1VP Extraction, 1VP Claim Jump

Score after turn 2: Zoraida 1 - Dreamer 2

Turn 3
Initiative: Dreamer

Key actions/moments:

- Insidious Madness on my right dropped marker and attacked Rooster Rider hitting it for one and putting -1Wp condition on him. later that turn Rooster Rider charge it and kill it which gave Gavin 2VP for FFM.
- I tried to push away as many models as possible with Trixie again but couldn't do much this time.
- Zoraida obeyed one Stitched Together to attack nearby Insidious Madness and Stitched killed Madness nicely ;)
- Waldgeist failed to kill Alp who tarpit Waldgeist, Zoraida and Trixie.
- Second Waldgeist failed to kill Tannen and Emissary charged him killing him with one swing (severe damage).
- I was able to drop two scheme markers and negate Gavin point for his Claim Jump.
- Again I had more models near Extraction marker so I moved it way at the end of the turn.
- Unfortunately we had to finish now this game as we run out of time and shop was closing down... Crap...


Upkeep phase:
Zoraida: 1VP Extraction, 1VP Claim Jump
Dreamer: 1VP Extraction, 2VP Frame for Murder

Final Score: Zoraida 3 - Dreamer 5

Few comments after the game:

- Wasn't sure about choosing Zoraida for this game but at the end I must say she wasn't that bad choice after all. Still I think Som'er, Ulix or Zzip would be better choices but it was pure fun to run this old hag. I focused on Obey mostly during that game but must try Bewitch next time s getting free cards sounds pretty nice.
- Trixie with Dirty Cheater is mean... Really mean... Which I like a lot ;) Her Gremlin-lure is very disruptive action and for Extraction fits nicely.
- Lucky Emissary with card cycling action is very good. His damage spread is really good and with additional swing via Obey makes his really scary. I like also his Slow/Paralyze action which can catch opponent off guard.
- Rooster Rider with his mobility and (1)AP charge is very good even when he lost Reckless after the errata. One of those (or 2 when necessary) and easily hunt down enemy scheme runners. Plus in Zoraida's crew Obey makes then real threat.

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think you only have to use 1 ap from the emissary to paralyze a hemmed target;
    when you summon the voodoo doll it's slow. The emissary uses dead in it's tracks on the doll and it gets paralyzed (because its already slow). The hemmed target them also gets paralyzed? In this way you have a free ap to walk or slow something else...maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct! I should notice that. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete