Saturday 1 April 2017

Game report 30.03.17 - 50SS Som'er vs Mah

Game report - 30.03.2017

50SS Som'er Teeth Jones (daniello_s) vs Mah Tucket (Stephen)

Deployment: Standard Deployment
Strategy: Guard the Stash
Schemes: Claim Jump, Eliminate the Leadership, Tail'em, Dig Their Graves, A Quick Murder

Stephen brought:
Mah (6SS pool) - Dirty Cheater, Know the Terrain, Lead Lined Apron
Little Lass - Out For Blood
McTavish - Dirty Cheater, Cute Critters
Slop Hauler
Bayou Gator (proxied with Wild Boar)
2x Piglet
Pigapult
Stuffed Piglet

I took:
Som'er (5SS pool) - Family Tree
(summoning and shooting/support)
Skeeter
(tarpit for expected enemy Pigapult ;))
Francois Lacroix - Dirty Cheater, Stilts
(beat-stick)
Burt Jebsen - Dirty Cheater
(beat-stick)
Gracie - Saddle
(beat-stick and taxi for Burt and Som'er)
Iron Skeeter
(taxi for Burt)
Slop Hauler
(healing)
2x Bayou Gremlin
(strategy runners and base for summoning more Bayou Gremlins)

Stephen picked Dig Their Graves and A Quick Murder (Gracie)
I picked Eliminate the Leadership and A Quick Murder (McTavish)

This was my first game with Gremlins ever (and against Mah as well) so I was a bit nervous before the game and I knew I'm gonna miss or forget half of the stuff I could do during the game and I aimed at the draw to be honest as the max I can get at the first game ;)

Deployment: Som'er deployed first (left side of the photo)


Turn 1
Initiative: Mah

Key actions/moments:

- Knowing that Pigapult can wreck my day I was rather cautious with my movements. I sent Skeeter as a bait and put him on Defensive Stance but Stephen didn't decide to take this bait. I was ok with that as Skeeter was in position to jump and tarpit Pigapult on turn 2. Som'er summoned two Bayou Gremlins and Slop Hauler was kind enough to heal them fully. Stephen pushed towards the centre line with all his models. Pigapult launched one Piglet in the nice, cousy spot near Stash Marker where it was hardly reachable by anything I had on this side.
- As Stephen pushed McTavish quite aggressively towards centre of the table I decided to put a pressure on him and Gracie used her reactivation to gave a ride to Francois so he could charge McTavish on turn 1. I didn't kill him but Stephen had to use 2 stones for damage prevention.
- Unfortunately Iron Skeeter failed miserably with towing Burt (my hand was depleted and I failed a flip for this action) and Burt had to take simple walk actions.



Upkeep phase:
No VPs scored by either side.

Score after turn 1: Som'er 0 - Mah 0

Turn 2
Initiative: Mah

Key actions/moments:

- McTavish knowing his time is up hurt Francois a bit and then Gracie charged him forcing Stephen to further deplete his soulstones. After Gracie, Francois joined the party immediately and killed McTavish with one swing giving me 3VPs for A Quick Murder. I had to discard Stilts here as Dumb Luck trigger would kill Francois. Francois also decided to charged Little Lass and this is the moment of my downfall as Francois failed to kill her...
- Little Lass took a swing at Francois and I used Squeel to push away from second shot. Then she walked towards him to tarpit my henchman.
- Skeeter double walked to tarpit Pigapult but Stuffed Piglet successfully killed him with Bacon Bomb - flipped Crow... After that Pigapult (being on -1Sh) walked once and fired twice at Francois not only randomizing successfully both times on him but also hitting him twice... And guess what? Francois died...
- Bayou Gator punished Gracie a bit.
- Som'er moved towards centre and fired at Mah but failed to hit.
- I pushed two Bayou Gremlins towards Stash Markers and kept two others behind to jump there in next turn if needed.
- Iron Skeeter failed again to give Burt a ride so instead he charged Piglet and hit it once for 3 damage. And plan was to move Burt close to Mah so I could put a huge pressure on her this turn.
- Burt went Reckless, walked once and charged Slop Hauler and... missed both hits... See? I told you my downfall started with Franc failing to kill Lass, no? ;)


Upkeep phase:
Som'er: 1VP Guard The Stash, 3VP A Quick Murder

Score after turn 2: Som'er 4 - Mah 1

Turn 3
Initiative: Som'er

Key actions/moments:

- With Burt engaged by Slop Hauler and Gracie in troubles I decided to gamble and walk once to Gator (as Gracie was more than 1' from him) and hit it once using Red Joker on my hand to trigger +2 damage and hoping for moderate damage flip so Gracie would heal up all her wounds. I used Red Joker to hit Gator and got single negative damage flip. First card - severe... Second card - weak... Damn...
- Mah charged Burt and guess what? She killed him... Great...
- Gator killed Gracie... Double great... Now I knew my game is almost over...
- Iron Skeeter failed to kill Piglet.
- Pigapult shot twice at my Gremlin who was engaging Lass - randomizing 2x success and bye-bye Gremlin. I had to move second Gremlin to secure point for Strategy this turn.
- Som'er shot Focused once and shot at Mah and hit for 4 damage. Second shot went for 2 damage (with spending the last stone to get + to attack).


Upkeep phase:
Som'er: 1VP Guard The Stash
Mah: 1VP Guard The Stash, 3VP A Quick Murder, 1 VP Dig Their Grave

Score after turn 3: Som'er 5 - Mah 6

Turn 4
Initiative: Som'er

Key actions/moments:

- I lost two Bayou Gremlins this turn: one died from Gators attack, other was killed by Pigapult who again randomized twice successfully between him and Lass... This way I couldn't contest one Stash Marker and game was officially over by now but we continues anyway.
- Som'er shot at Mah randomizing between her, Iron Skeeter and Piglet. First shot went into Piglet and failed to hit. Second went into Iron Skeeter so I cheated fate to get blast and clip Mah which brought her below half of the wounds. Third missed.
- Mah finished Iron Skeeter and run away as far as possible from Som'er.
- I tried to finish Slop Hauler with my Slop Hauler but I failed.


Upkeep phase:
Mah: 1VP Guard The Stash, 1 VP Dig Their Grave

Score after turn 4: Som'er 5 - Mah 8

Turn 5
Initiative: Mah

Key actions/moments:

- Mah run away further, Gator killed my last Bayou Gremlin and then died of Som'er who summoned Piglet with trigger. My Slop Hauler killed Lass.
- Game ended on this turn.


Upkeep phase:
Mah: 1VP Guard The Stash

Final score: Som'er 5 - Mah 9

Few thoughts after the game:

- Gremlins are fun. Period. ;)
Their mobility is crazy (even despite Iron Skeeter's failure this game which broke my heart) and damage output can be scary. What I like also is that they die quite easily so their mobility/damage output is balanced this way. I feel I'm gonna have tonne of fun with them.
- Som'er - fun! Summoning stuff, buffing model's with needed suit and his boomstick makes him very versatile. Plus getting two extra cards when nearby Gremlin dies? Yes, please!
- Francois is like kamikaze-pilot. Aim at the target which must die and send him there to die in the blaze of glory! Lol!
- I failed with Burt this game (bad positioning) plus this Iron Skeeter's problems with hauling him but I see he is great beat-stick. Definitely he will be used extensively in the future.
- Gracie with Saddle - Oh my... hitting like a train and can take loads of punishment herself. Stephen felt in love with her after this game.
- Slop Hauler with his healing is great but again I failed with positioning him this game. Much to learn.
- Bayou Gremlins are totally bonkers. Cheap, reliable and totally expendable :)

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment